COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH & SAFETY ADVICE
CORE HSE has experience across the full spectrum of Industries in the UK, including Construction, Industrial, Retail, Commercial, Education, Caring and the NHS, and can provide professional Health, Safety & Environmental services for all.
• Site Organisation for any size site- Everything you need to know about organising a safe and healthy construction site, including Site Induction, site traffic plans, safe access & egress.
• Structural stability- Assessing the risks and preventing unintentional structural collapse during alterations, demolition and dismantling; and the measures you need to take to prevent accidents in excavations.
• Use of Cranes- All lifting operations involving lifting equipment must be properly planned by a competent person; Lift Plans devised and all lifts appropriately supervised; and carried out in a safe manner.
• Using Mobile Plant & Vehicles on-site- Assess the risks, establish & record competence to operate and control all access to tele-handlers, excavators, mobile work platforms, dumpers and road vehicles; including monitoring & logging their usage.
• All demolition – to include any dismantling and structural alteration, each operation should be carefully planned, recorded, and carried out by competent practitioners.
• Work at Height advice - The hierarchy of controls for working at height, from working at ground level, using towers, scaffolds, platforms and ladders and, with any added safety requirement such as harnesses, or even fall restraints and safety netting.
• Common problems, Slips Trips & Falls- Assess, eliminate and control the risks of slips, trips and falls on construction sites.
• Electrical Supply & Working with Electricity - Work safely with power supplies and electrical equipment; map& mark overhead power lines and underground cables to prevent accidental contact with machinery.
• Fire & Evacuation Controls - Identify the risks of fire; control combustible materials and ignition sources; and make it clear exactly what to do if fire does break out, and make an evacuation plan.
• Accident reporting & First Aid Facilities – We don’t plan for accidents, but we prepare for their eventuality, institute a First Aid assessment to ensure proper care is available, and put Accident reporting structures in place. (RIDDOR)
All industries employing more than 5 people are required to provide a Health & Safety Policy, and the organisation tree to support it, and they are also required to have a Competent Health & Safety Person. CORE HSE can provide all of those services and more. These include Asbestos advice, COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health), Hearing & Noise problems. Safe Systems of Work written for all machinery, Guillotines, Brake presses & Drills, with also Environmental concerns such as LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation) - for welding operations, or paint-spraying.
Shops, cafe's, Public Houses and even Pharmacies all need good Health & Safety advice. As in all industries, employing over 5 people will mean you require a Health & Safety Policy, its organisation tree and a competent person. CORE HSE can provide all these services and give wide ranging advice on, Slips, Trips & Falls, Vulnerable workers policy (includes Pregnancy, pre & post), handling cash, and managing stress.
Business workers, office workers in general, and people who work in Commercial premises all have Health, Safety and Environmental concerns, and are governed by the same laws. As in all industries, Commercial Companies employing over 5 people will mean you require a Health & Safety Policy, its organisation tree and a competent person. CORE HSE can provide all these services, and undertake a Fire risk assessment, also looking at office problems such as working with Display screen equipment and repetitive strain injury.